Exactly how to Enhance Your Tone
Singers need to have the best tone possible. Fortunately, there are several techniques people can use to improve their tone. These techniques work for novice and advanced singers alike. They are easy to implement and can help people get a better tone right away.
* Spend time warming up. You will have a hard time having a good tone if your voice isn't warmed up. Spend ten to twenty minutes warming up before you sing so your vocal cords will be ready to produce the best tone possible.
* Practice breathing. If your shoulders and chest move when you breathe, it will be impossible for you to have a nice tone. Practice keeping your chest and shoulders still and moving your stomach when you inhale and exhale.
* Keep your throat open. You can do this by sliding your tongue forward so it touches your bottom front teeth. Then the air will be able to move through your throat and vibrate your vocal cords so you can get a good tone.
* Keep your head straight. This will allow the air to flow through to your vocal cords. Even a slight upward or downward tilt can hurt your tone a great deal, so pay special attention to this.
* Have good posture. Good posture allows the air to flow through your diaphragm properly. That will help your tone, so be sure to stand up straight when you sing.
* Drink lots of water. Water can actually help your singing voice, but alcohol and thick drinks like milk can hurt it. With that in mind, drink a glass of water before you sing and pass up the beer, milk and wine.
* Embrace your voice. If you try to mimic someone else, you will hurt your natural tone. Go with your natural voice in order to have the best tone possible.
* Open your mouth wide enough. You should be able to fit two fingers between your teeth when you sing. If you can't, you need to open your mouth wider so you can get a better tone.
* Relax your tongue. Keep your tongue relaxed so it won't block your airflow and hurt your tone. If it is tense or caught up in your throat, you will have a poor tone.
* Sing softly at first. It will be easier for you to relax your throat and breathe correctly if you start off singing softly. You can increase the volume over time as you get more comfortable singing.
* Rest your vocal cords. You will have to practice singing a lot, so you don't want your vocal cords to get fatigued. Avoid talking as much when you have a performance coming up so you can get the best tone possible.
* Lubricate your vocal cords. Use olive oil or honey to lubricate your vocal cords so your tone will come out smooth. This will actually go a long way in making you sound better.
* Stay in your range. If you try to push yourself to hit notes outside of your range, your tone will suffer and you could end up hurting yourself. Stay within your range so you can get the best results when you sing.
The Bottom Line
You simply need to use a few techniques to start sounding better immediately. Best of all, you can continue to improve until you reach the level you want. At that point, you will be ready to show off your skills to your family, friends, and even crowds of people. After all, talent brings about a great deal of confidence, so once you get a good singing voice you will want to show it off to the world.