Thursday, November 27, 2014

crazyfruityhigh: My shrink asked me to draw a safe space where...

http://terrydelly.tumblr.com/post/59668864418
crazyfruityhigh:

My shrink asked me to draw a safe space where...




crazyfruityhigh:



My shrink asked me to draw a safe space where my demons couldn’t touch me. So i drew an exoskeleton costume, formed like a mansion that fuses an homage to my favourite artists (an Andy Warhol Mosaic, a Henry Darger fountain), taxidermied furniture, and enough rooms, entertainment and natural elements to satiate the most high maintenance homo. I included multiple self portraits, some in superhero costumes as my artistic desires were brought to life by watching ‘Superfriends’ as a kid.

This drawing is part of a series of self portrait sculptures I intend to build, all set in a gaudy strip club where the viewer can wander between stages filled with animatronically animated art.

No comments:

Post a Comment